help and advice for a new gaming PC build

Having software/hardware problems? Get help here!

help and advice for a new gaming PC build

Postby ntilke » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:38 pm

As i've been disconnected from the PC world for a while i'm not quite sure what i'm looking for now. i want my new build to be future proof for awhile since my current PC has lasted me for 4 years and it is starting to show its age sadly, so its time to upgrade now or soon for BF4. I want to keep the price reasonable and sensible and not to go over the top, but money isn't an issue at the moment. Any advice would be most appreciated :)
ntilke
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: help and advice for a new gaming PC build

Postby WOOKIE1974 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:57 pm

give me a budget and ill work you out the best spec if you want then ill post the shopping basket on here in a jpeg for you

WOOKIE1974
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

Postby [Aliens]kronenbourg » Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:20 pm

Nice one Wookie, trust me Sam, if anyone can get a great computer build for you, its Wookie :yes:

[Aliens]kronenbourg
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby ntilke » Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:31 pm

about £1000 budget but i can be flexibal with the price, but i would like to keep it to about a £1000. cheers :)
ntilke
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby WOOKIE1974 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:03 pm

well sam with a grand you're gonna get one hell of a pc m8 do you need a monitor to go with or is just a dogs bollocks tower you want

WOOKIE1974
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

Postby ntilke » Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:18 pm

really for a grand? well if you can name cheaper parts then it'll be great. dont need a monitor but i have been looking around for a newer monitor but i think thats something for down the line. cheers :)
ntilke
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby WOOKIE1974 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:40 pm

hopefully this link will work theres some room to play around with the hardware and and case etc and plenty of room for you to add more ram and g/cards in the future :)

WOOKIE1974
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

Postby WOOKIE1974 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:43 pm

i'll post up an amd alternative tomorrow as its getting late and I have work in the morning

WOOKIE1974
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

Postby [Aliens]solifer » Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:43 pm

This is almost same rig as i have if that could be an alternative, games are included with this card also and you get 16gb of ram , i guess wookie could get even better price for a similar stuff.
I found this at http://www.overclockers.co.uk/
And i can athleast say that this about tha amd parts as i have the same and its really good stuff!
It also supports 3 graphic cards that motherboard, power source should have no problem running 2 or 3 cards this size

Camaro - If you don´t own one, you´ll never understand!
<<-Bönder är liksom en egen ras, precis som rörmokare och föräldrar->>
[Aliens]solifer
General
General

Postby [Aliens]solifer » Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:52 pm

Removing ssd disk and using an air cooler for cpu might get you a cheaper case, i use air on mine and it works good even a bit overclocked, but want to
OC more i say stick with water, ssd you might loose just a bit diskperformance but ingame i dont think it will matter much.
Camaro - If you don´t own one, you´ll never understand!
<<-Bönder är liksom en egen ras, precis som rörmokare och föräldrar->>
[Aliens]solifer
General
General

Postby ntilke » Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:53 pm

Wow!!! Both great builds which is great, thanks lads :) I'll look over them both throughout the week, make a decision and start ordering parts in the next couple of weeks :yes:
ntilke
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby WOOKIE1974 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:18 pm

this is my rig running an amd 8120 oc'd from 3.1ghz to 4.2ghz with 16gb ddr3 corsair vengeance, 3.5tb hard drives and amd 7870 x-edition 2gb graphics card, just waiting for a second rad to liquid cool the gpu but it gives you some sort of idea how good you can actually make a pc look these days. if you go for a full AMD system you will cut the costs considerably as intel cpu's and motherboards are highly over priced, this will give you a better option for maybe a second gpu and another 8gb of ram

p.s. ignore the wires they've since been cable managed through the back of the case lol

WOOKIE1974
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

Postby ntilke » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:26 pm

quick question wookie, is there much difference in performance between these graphics cards, MSI HD 7870 (the card you recommended), the MSI GeForce GTX 760 Twin Frozr OC Graphics Card and 2GB EVGA GeForce GTX 760 with ACX Cooling. On the last two cards the price is about the same but not worried about the price anyway because i just want to know if they are worth the extra money.
ntilke
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby WOOKIE1974 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:20 pm

theres not much difference at all, theres always gonna be the people who say NVidia is better than amd, and the new NVidia 7 series cores might be ok i've not tried them or know anyone whos bought one yet, I can highly recommend the 7870's though as 2 of em running in crossfire beat an NVidia 680 hands down in every benchmark and the NVidia costs £450 for a single card. I'm getting 130 - 150fps on a single 7870 on bf3 on high settings and 80-90fps on ultra which for a single gpu is bloody good. The other thing to consider as well is the fact the amd cards only use 200w of power on full load where the higher end NVidia cards are pulling nearly 500w+. I would say if you go for an intel cpu then buy an NVidia card, but if you go for an amd 8 core cpu then buy the extra 8 gb of ram and either 1 or 2 amd gpu's running in crossfire, which you could probably do with the money savings by not buying an intel chip lol

WOOKIE1974
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

Postby [Aliens]WITTY » Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:07 pm

Intel....extremely expensive :shock:
[Aliens]WITTY
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Next

Return to Tech-support