Tech-support

Having software/hardware problems? Get help here!

Tech-support

Postby Firespawn6 » Sun May 08, 2011 6:57 pm

Hi everyone, i shall brief you about network problems and workarounds, hope that it will help to improve gaming on our server (and other servers to)

I am a little new on this to write in forum, so bear with me..

The thing is that you must set your network card and tcpip settings to match your ISP..

first thing is that when a connection is made, the networkcard try to establish right speed "on demand" (auto), so that can change from connections to connections, ie if your computer is busy.. maybe its hardcore course right now, i can explain that furter (later in detail), so what you shall do is to set your network connection to a fix speed (do not do this if you are hotplugged right to your ISP, ie you do not have a router or modem)

Check out what networkcard you got on your motherboard (i got realtek, almost standard card on motherboard now)
if not, check what motherboard you got, and go to thier homepage and see if info about your networkcard is there.

Realtek drivers::
http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/dow ... Down=false

install and reboot!

Go to your networkcard settings:
change "speed & duplex" to "100Mbps Ful duplex"
change WOL and link speed at the end (länkhastighet vid avslutning - translated by google)
to "100 Mbps first" (först - translated by google)
you have now set your speed to 100 Mbps to your router or modem and the computer will not negotiate the speed upon connection.

reboot computer!

try above first and see if there is any lag..

"See this:
SpeedGuide.net :: Windows 7, Vista, 2008 Tweaks

Apparently, EA servers were never configured to allow ECN Capability bits so, they will drop any packets if your computer is setting out TCP data packets containing the ECN Capability bit. By the way, on Vista and Window 7 system, the ECN Capability bit is usually set as default. Some of you may have accidentally set it to enabled.

To fix it, start up your command prompt with administrator rights.

1) First, enter the following command

netsh int tcp show global

2) Then see if your ECN Capability is set to any other thing then default or disabled.

3) Reset it by entering this:

netsh int tcp set global ecncapability=default
"
Firespawn6
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

Re: Tech-support

Postby Firespawn6 » Sun May 08, 2011 7:24 pm

At speedguide.com you got wery good tweaks to, try this..

Halfopen connections limit
http://www.speedguide.net/articles/wind ... h-for-2744

TCP/IP optimizer
http://www.speedguide.net/downloads.php
Firespawn6
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

Postby Firespawn6 » Sun May 08, 2011 7:39 pm

I have search to find the IP number of our Aliens server, so if you know this post reply so we can test some more

When you know IP number to our (or any) server that you wish to optimize your connection to..

use this help to change your RWIN/BDP
http://www.speedguide.net/bdp.php

ping ***.***.***.*** (aliens server or other server)

Take the average delay *** ms and change your rwin/bdp with help from link above, that will tweak/trim your speed/connection to/from our aliens server.
To get as a fact that it is dependable average delay ***ms, ping several times and see if average delay change or is stable

This is a bit like to go on depth but you can try and see if it will help :yes:
Firespawn6
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

Postby [Aliens]solifer » Sun May 08, 2011 8:23 pm

Nice one fire will go through it more later :obey:
Camaro - If you don´t own one, you´ll never understand!
<<-Bönder är liksom en egen ras, precis som rörmokare och föräldrar->>
[Aliens]solifer
General
General

Postby Firespawn6 » Mon May 09, 2011 3:10 pm

Hi again, this time i shall describe routers and what you can do to minimize interference.. even from you ISP, as they also use the same topology netmask

As a little description about network, i shall explain in an unusual way, ask if you want..

Netmask is like the floor you walk on, your table is your router, and the chairs is the IP number that your router is giving to your computers.
As all the routers is on the same floor (netmask), and problobly every routers has as default IP number 192.168.1.1,
the first thing you do is that change your routers third *** (3) segment, ie 192.168.***.1, rename it for example to 133.
192.168.133.1 is your new routers IP adress ((but reboot your computer, easiest way to get the new IP adress for your computer))
When you have done that, the other tables (router in your Neighbourhood) will not interfer and collide with your IP packets.

You can try this now and see if it will make a difference!!

#1 Hardcore
Now the Netmask, as all the tables (Routers) is on the same floor, you want to separate your router and make a new floor just for you..
And if your router support this to change your Netmask
Netmask 255.255.255.0 (is default)

Now change to Netmask 255.255.251.0
(i have just tried between 250 => 255, but it should work just as fine from 1 and above, just change your floor in 250 - 255 just to be safe..)

Remember to reboot your computer!
Firespawn6
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

Postby [Aliens]Björne » Wed May 11, 2011 7:44 pm

this was god shit! will do this later on!

[Aliens]Björne
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby [Aliens]kronenbourg » Tue May 31, 2011 12:11 pm

Okay, as I'm the worst for high ping (to do with processor mainly) and lag, I'll look at this tonight.

For the #1 option, for the network card, do you get the latest drivers as mine isn't Realktek? Not sure what it is as I'm at work.

Then, I'll have a mess around, and will log into our main 2 servers, and test it out.

Will probably be better when people are in, but I can still try 8)

Also, will this allow others on my network to have a faster connection, or just me?

Kro

[Aliens]kronenbourg
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby [Aliens]Björne » Tue May 31, 2011 8:00 pm

it wil be yours thats geting better

i havent done this yet but will do!

[Aliens]Björne
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby WOOKIE1974 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:06 am

What you could do is have a look for one of these http://www.scan.co.uk/products/bigfoot- ... 0x-faster!! these cards utilise 95% of your bandwidth for your game and the other 5% for voice coms etc leaving all the other crap running in the background obsolete while your playing

WOOKIE1974
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

Postby Firespawn6 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:15 pm

[Aliens]kronenbourg wrote:Okay, as I'm the worst for high ping (to do with processor mainly) and lag, I'll look at this tonight.

For the #1 option, for the network card, do you get the latest drivers as mine isn't Realktek? Not sure what it is as I'm at work.

Then, I'll have a mess around, and will log into our main 2 servers, and test it out.

Will probably be better when people are in, but I can still try 8)

Also, will this allow others on my network to have a faster connection, or just me?

Kro

Hi Kro, it´s simplest for me to help you if you can get your motherboard manufactor and model, so i can view the tech. spec. and see what brand of networkcard you have.
-try to exec "dxdiag" from cmd, there on first page you can see all.
and write it down here in the forum.

[Aliens]kronenbourg wrote:Also, will this allow others on my network to have a faster connection, or just me?
Kro

Do you mean others ho is behind your router? -yes! (but it will not be actually faster than your ISP speed, but hopefully without any interference)

I´ll be glad to help!
Fire
Firespawn6
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

Postby Firespawn6 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:10 pm

Hi guys, there is a big thing about your computer that i must tell you, and do this every week or once a day if you play alot...

# 1
Defragment your HD (partition), if you installed your game on other partition than "C:\" ,defragment that one to..

This can easily be the fault that you discover when running games on your computer.. even games online..

Try Tuneup Utilities 2011 (best progz for me) and run thoroughly..

# HARDCORE..
open explorer, right-click on "this computer" and choose properties, choose "advanced system settings"
Choose fringe "advanced" => performance => Settings (button)
Choose fringe "advanced" (middle fringe)
Change your Virtual Memory and click on the button "change"
Disable check out the buck for "dealing with automatic paging file size for each unit"
check "no paging" (this once you shall disable your paging file = no paging file on every partition)

save and reboot you computer!!

Login again after startup and DO a thoroughly defragmentation on "C:\" , do defragmentation about 3 - 4 times, just to be save that every file is in place..

When defragment is finished for the 3 - 4 times, go and reenable the Virtual Memory, in win7 you got a measured estimated value, choose that value, it should be about 2,5 times your computers real RAM memory..

(do this because pagingfile often is fragment already from start, and it cant be changed or moved...
-its stuck there it is on your partition)

By the way, choose the fastest HD for PagingFile

This is it, reboot your computer and lets play!! :obey:

Have fun!
Fire
Firespawn6
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

Return to Tech-support