EVE Online

Games worth discussing goes here..

EVE Online

Postby Raga » Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:38 pm

Hey lads, and Akilae,

I've noticed that a few of the UF lads have started to play EVE online, and wondered if any of you fancied giving it a go? If so, contact me, falc or Akilae for 21 day free trials, we have plenty to go around.

Cheers
User avatar
Raga
Corpral
Corpral
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:52 pm

Re: EVE Online

Postby [Aliens]solifer » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:24 pm

Raga wrote:Hey lads, and Akilae,

I've noticed that a few of the UF lads have started to play EVE online, and wondered if any of you fancied giving it a go? If so, contact me, falc or Akilae for 21 day free trials, we have plenty to go around.

Cheers



Is it flowers involved? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Image
Image
Camaro - If you don´t own one, you´ll never understand!
<<-Bönder är liksom en egen ras, precis som rörmokare och föräldrar->>
User avatar
[Aliens]solifer
General
General
 
Posts: 7136
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:31 pm
Location: Sweden Borlänge

Re: EVE Online

Postby [Aliens]solifer » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:33 pm

But what is eve online, give me some good info in short??
Image
Image
Camaro - If you don´t own one, you´ll never understand!
<<-Bönder är liksom en egen ras, precis som rörmokare och föräldrar->>
User avatar
[Aliens]solifer
General
General
 
Posts: 7136
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:31 pm
Location: Sweden Borlänge

Re: EVE Online

Postby [Aliens]Falconer » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:28 pm

You can call it an mmorpg, but that's where the similarities with WoW end....

This is a game that takes place in space, where everything is player controlled....

The most common course to take is to become a starship pilot.
You can do missions for NPC agents (killing npc ships/fleets) or engage in pvp battles...

These range from solo raids to massive fleet battles involving countless ships...

You can set up your own corporation, start mining for minerals or research and manufacture expensive goods...
And ofc, it's the only game I know of that has personnel for sale.. personnel like janitors, tourists, exotic dancers and even prostitutes!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

One major difference between EvE and other games is that there is only one server which EVERY player connects to.... Imagine that!! Every player out there can interact with each other!

TBH, it's almost impossible to describe it.... I recommend google-ing it, and checking youtube for some vids of ingame action.
Image
Image
---------------------------------------------------------------
"Son, how would you like to play for Man United?"
"No thanks sir. I've had a better offer."
"What could be better than Man United?"
"Man City!"
---------------------------------------------------------------
User avatar
[Aliens]Falconer
WoW FTW!
WoW FTW!
 
Posts: 1600
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2006 6:02 pm
Location: Jämshög, Sweden

Re: EVE Online

Postby [Aliens]Gaz » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:51 pm

[Aliens]solifer wrote:
Raga wrote:Hey lads, and Akilae,

I've noticed that a few of the UF lads have started to play EVE online, and wondered if any of you fancied giving it a go? If so, contact me, falc or Akilae for 21 day free trials, we have plenty to go around.

Cheers



Is it flowers involved? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:



My character is called Warflower :P
Image
User avatar
[Aliens]Gaz
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
 
Posts: 973
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2006 3:34 pm
Location: North Wales

Re: EVE Online

Postby Raga » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:47 pm

[Aliens]Falconer wrote:You can call it an mmorpg, but that's where the similarities with WoW end....

This is a game that takes place in space, where everything is player controlled....

The most common course to take is to become a starship pilot.
You can do missions for NPC agents (killing npc ships/fleets) or engage in pvp battles...

These range from solo raids to massive fleet battles involving countless ships...

You can set up your own corporation, start mining for minerals or research and manufacture expensive goods...
And ofc, it's the only game I know of that has personnel for sale.. personnel like janitors, tourists, exotic dancers and even prostitutes!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

One major difference between EvE and other games is that there is only one server which EVERY player connects to.... Imagine that!! Every player out there can interact with each other!

TBH, it's almost impossible to describe it.... I recommend google-ing it, and checking youtube for some vids of ingame action.


Aye, I'd go with that. It's one of the few MMO's that you can pay for with money earnt in game (and legally buy in-game money), but to get to that point takes a while. However, it really can be whatever you want. Some people, like akilae, are hard hearted pirates, ready to tear the heart out of other players that stray into sight, myself and falc do our bit of pvping, however, we prefer (I speak for myself more than falc) the NPC element. You can become an industrialist giant, a marketeer, make a profit from hauling items from place to place (if thats what really floats your boat) - or a mixture of the three. To be honest, google/youtube it, and if interested, try a trial, they're free afterall...
User avatar
Raga
Corpral
Corpral
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:52 pm

Re: EVE Online

Postby [Aliens]Chrille » Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:06 am

i think ill stick to Mass Effect 2 when it comes to being a Starship Capten :wink:
---Work It Harder Make It Better---
--Do It Faster, Makes Us stronger--
----More Than Ever Hour After----
-----Our Work Is Never Over-----
User avatar
[Aliens]Chrille
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Posts: 2238
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:36 pm
Location: Sweden - Skåne - Kristianstad

Re: EVE Online

Postby [Aliens]solifer » Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:43 am

Is it hard to get into , meaning to learn, do i have to play alot to come somewhere?
To be able to play with ALL seems like a cool thing.

For me i cant play much as i still struggle to play bc2 as much as i can, am i able to play less and still can enjoy the game?
Can i play for example 20 minutes and then log out to continou later?
Is it a monthly fee or is the game free after you purchased it??

And to be honest i am really curious of this game, and to be able to play with you or against you seems fun, maybe a trial to be tested.
Image
Image
Camaro - If you don´t own one, you´ll never understand!
<<-Bönder är liksom en egen ras, precis som rörmokare och föräldrar->>
User avatar
[Aliens]solifer
General
General
 
Posts: 7136
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:31 pm
Location: Sweden Borlänge

Re: EVE Online

Postby [Aliens]solifer » Sat May 01, 2010 10:14 pm

DeathAnubis is my name for this trial
Image
Image
Camaro - If you don´t own one, you´ll never understand!
<<-Bönder är liksom en egen ras, precis som rörmokare och föräldrar->>
User avatar
[Aliens]solifer
General
General
 
Posts: 7136
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:31 pm
Location: Sweden Borlänge

Re: EVE Online

Postby [Aliens]solifer » Sun May 02, 2010 10:01 am

ADD ME AND HELP ME BEFORE i do same thing i did with WoW, cant even shut down the game properly , im using th close window in right corner :x :x :x

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Image
Image
Camaro - If you don´t own one, you´ll never understand!
<<-Bönder är liksom en egen ras, precis som rörmokare och föräldrar->>
User avatar
[Aliens]solifer
General
General
 
Posts: 7136
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:31 pm
Location: Sweden Borlänge

Re: EVE Online

Postby Raga » Fri May 07, 2010 11:52 pm

Hey Soli,

Haven't seen you on yet, been scared away? :lol: :lol: :lol:
User avatar
Raga
Corpral
Corpral
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:52 pm

Re: EVE Online

Postby [Aliens]solifer » Sat May 08, 2010 12:22 am

Tryed a bit but have been working, and this game seems to not be my kind of a game, to hard to much, but will try a little more before saying no for good :|
Image
Image
Camaro - If you don´t own one, you´ll never understand!
<<-Bönder är liksom en egen ras, precis som rörmokare och föräldrar->>
User avatar
[Aliens]solifer
General
General
 
Posts: 7136
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:31 pm
Location: Sweden Borlänge

Re: EVE Online

Postby [Aliens]RigRock » Sat May 08, 2010 11:25 am

flowers !! mmorpg !! pvp battles !!! :shock: Solifer :shock: :shock:
Image
User avatar
[Aliens]RigRock
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
 
Posts: 456
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:09 pm
Location: sweden\estonia

Re: EVE Online

Postby [Aliens]Chrille » Sat May 08, 2010 3:31 pm

OMG it all connects!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
---Work It Harder Make It Better---
--Do It Faster, Makes Us stronger--
----More Than Ever Hour After----
-----Our Work Is Never Over-----
User avatar
[Aliens]Chrille
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Posts: 2238
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:36 pm
Location: Sweden - Skåne - Kristianstad

Re: EVE Online

Postby Raga » Sun May 09, 2010 6:45 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

No worries Soli - its a bit overwhelming to be honest, but you get used to it - Chrille and Rig obviously just don't have what it takes :wink:
User avatar
Raga
Corpral
Corpral
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:52 pm

Next

Return to Games

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron