Giving Vista another go..

Having software/hardware problems? Get help here!

Postby [Aliens]Nickelin » Fri May 09, 2008 10:00 am

[Aliens]heCKLes wrote:Ok, I know now what's wrong.. Don't know how to fix it though..

Shutting down the UAC (user access control) lets the mousebutton to function (button is set to Scroll Lock).. Turning it on however doesn't..

Tried running all programs "As administrator" while having UAC on but I still get the same problem..

Haven't found a solution for it yet so right now I have two choices.
1. Gaming without using the mouse for PTT
2. Having UAC set to off when I play

GOOODDDLUUUCKK :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

IT´S BETTER TO BURNOUT THEN FADE AWAY
[Aliens]Nickelin
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby [Aliens]heCKLes » Fri May 16, 2008 1:19 pm

Ok it's been a week now..

After getting those annoying problems out of the way (PTT-key, TS and mousebuttons) Vista is actually working pretty good..

The solution was like you know to turn of UAC, which I did.. Updated to SP1 the other night but havent tried to activate UAC after that.. I think the problem is that Teamspeak2 isn't certified (?)..

What I've noticed is that my computer could use more memory.. Use 2GB today and sometimes it goes ape..

Otherwise I must admit that Vista isn't half bad..
[Aliens]heCKLes
Major
Major

Postby [Aliens]solifer » Fri May 16, 2008 5:19 pm

[Aliens]heCKLes wrote:Ok it's been a week now..

After getting those annoying problems out of the way (PTT-key, TS and mousebuttons) Vista is actually working pretty good..

The solution was like you know to turn of UAC, which I did.. Updated to SP1 the other night but havent tried to activate UAC after that.. I think the problem is that Teamspeak2 isn't certified (?)..

What I've noticed is that my computer could use more memory.. Use 2GB today and sometimes it goes ape..

Otherwise I must admit that Vista isn't half bad..

Good to hear , but teamspeak do work great in vista, and i use vista 64bit
Camaro - If you don´t own one, you´ll never understand!
<<-Bönder är liksom en egen ras, precis som rörmokare och föräldrar->>
[Aliens]solifer
General
General

Postby [Aliens]heCKLes » Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:30 pm

the story continues..

On friday my computer was acting up using way too much system resources.. Ahh well, decided that I'd given Vista the chance it deserves and dusted off the old XP-disc..

My PC isn't compatible with Vista in any way, it's that simple.. It's gotten a bit better than the first time I tried it but still it acts up every now and then..

Anyway.. Reinstalled XP once again and wOw! The machine was a dream, for like 17 hours.. Yesterday I was gonna play a few games of BF2.. Everything went well until I tried to connect and got the message "Invalid CD-Key" or something like that.. :x

Thing was that I had installed BF2 on the "standard user" which on a leased Comcrap in Sweden is HP Ägaren.. Special Forces doesn't accept this username (apparently spaces and the letter Ä isn't allowed, which is strange considering DICE is a Swedish company) so I figured I'd simply create another one and install the exp-packs and patches on that user instead.. But obviously this wasn't the right thing to do..

Then I found two strange folders under the root.. It was a row of mixed numbers and letters and opening that I found a folder called update.. Tried to remove it.. Didn't work.. Started in Fail-safe mode and made another go at removing these two folders.. no luck..

Getting mad as hell!

Decided that the one and only way to get rid of those folders was to reinstall again.. Put my recovery CD in the reader once again.. the second time in three days.. Reinstalled the machine.. And now I'm back at square one!

:x :x :x

Just my luck.. And tbh, now I WANT to play BF2 like never before.. just because I can't..
[Aliens]heCKLes
Major
Major

Postby [Aliens]Nickelin » Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:30 pm

[Aliens]heCKLes wrote:the story continues..

On friday my computer was acting up using way too much system resources.. Ahh well, decided that I'd given Vista the chance it deserves and dusted off the old XP-disc..

My PC isn't compatible with Vista in any way, it's that simple.. It's gotten a bit better than the first time I tried it but still it acts up every now and then..

Anyway.. Reinstalled XP once again and wOw! The machine was a dream, for like 17 hours.. Yesterday I was gonna play a few games of BF2.. Everything went well until I tried to connect and got the message "Invalid CD-Key" or something like that.. :x

Thing was that I had installed BF2 on the "standard user" which on a leased Comcrap in Sweden is HP Ägaren.. Special Forces doesn't accept this username (apparently spaces and the letter Ä isn't allowed, which is strange considering DICE is a Swedish company) so I figured I'd simply create another one and install the exp-packs and patches on that user instead.. But obviously this wasn't the right thing to do..

Then I found two strange folders under the root.. It was a row of mixed numbers and letters and opening that I found a folder called update.. Tried to remove it.. Didn't work.. Started in Fail-safe mode and made another go at removing these two folders.. no luck..

Getting mad as hell!

Decided that the one and only way to get rid of those folders was to reinstall again.. Put my recovery CD in the reader once again.. the second time in three days.. Reinstalled the machine.. And now I'm back at square one!

:x :x :x

Just my luck.. And tbh, now I WANT to play BF2 like never before.. just because I can't..

'
yes i missed you out there :shock: :lol: im going to stay with my rig as long as i can bescause i DONT WANT TO GET THAT VISTA ,and the next upgrade i will have to get it i belive, idont think that they are done with the baby dieseases in a few years :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

IT´S BETTER TO BURNOUT THEN FADE AWAY
[Aliens]Nickelin
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby [Aliens]Falconer » Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:56 pm

[Aliens]heCKLes wrote:the story continues..

That's how I did it... I had the same problem...

I created a new user in XP (which I simply called "abc") and made sure it had full admin rights....
I installed all Exp-packs and patches from there, and it worked like a charm...

Then I just removed the new user ;)
---------------------------------------------------------------
"Son, how would you like to play for Man United?"
"No thanks sir. I've had a better offer."
"What could be better than Man United?"
"Man City!"
[Aliens]Falconer
WoW FTW!
WoW FTW!

Postby [Aliens]Falconer » Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:57 pm

Nickelin wrote:im going to stay with my rig as long as i can bescause i DONT WANT TO GET THAT VISTA ,and the next upgrade i will have to get it i belive, idont think that they are done with the baby dieseases in a few years :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

By the time I upgrade, there will be atleast 2 new OS's out there.... Post Vista OS's that is....
"Son, how would you like to play for Man United?"
"No thanks sir. I've had a better offer."
"What could be better than Man United?"
"Man City!"
[Aliens]Falconer
WoW FTW!
WoW FTW!

Postby [Aliens]solifer » Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:47 pm

i still use vista and it works good, BUT i also have xp installed as i have more disks in, that way i am always safe and one system will always boot, sorry i have 3 systems got linux ubuntu to :roll: :roll: :roll:
[Aliens]solifer
General
General

Postby Xytras » Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:20 pm

nerd

:rofl:
------------------------------------------------------------------
"Varning! Vissa av mina inlägg kan innehålla spår av sarkasmer och ironi! Nötter kan sätta sådant i halsen."
Xytras
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby [Aliens]solifer » Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:53 pm

[Aliens]Xytras wrote:nerd

:rofl:

Say that when your system crash, mine will never loose, tripple power :roll: :roll: :rofl: :rofl:
[Aliens]solifer
General
General

Previous

Return to Tech-support