Our Server - Ideas and Suggestions

Here we discuss our servers, and what's going on there...

Our Server - Ideas and Suggestions

Postby [Aliens]kronenbourg » Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:45 pm

Hi

So, over the past few months we've been using our 20 man server, hardly getting it full. Still, we carry on, as we all like being together, which makes perfect sense in my eyes.

So, over the past few weeks, I've been given plenty of suggestions by different members on what we should have, and whilst I try and please as many as I can, it can lead to some not being happy, which isn't what we want in our clan.

Some of the suggestions we've had was based on map rotation. As it is a smaller server, we tried just dom/tdm with one or 2 Rush maps.

However, this annoyed some, as it was focussing on just infantry style gameplay.

So, we then tried all types of infantry stuff (TDM, SQDM, Gun Master, CTF, and Rush) but again, there were a few that said where are the vehical maps, as they like the big open stuff.

So, this week I adopted (even though not many were on due to work, partying etc) for SQDM, TDM, Dom, Sq Obliteration, Conquest small, CTF, Rush.

However, again it seems not all were happy with this.

But for this rotation, its 50/50 for infantry/vehical. I know the conquest maps looked big, but they were the small versions, can you believe.

I feel we need the balence of both types of gameplay, but I think a few things need to be addressed.

Firstly, the vehical rule. As we find its harder to get 5v5 into the server, should we drop this to 4v4, or even completly? Will leave as it is until we get an agreement.

And the second: Map voting. This always brings up a few moans and groans in TS when a map or mode is picked as the next map of 'oh, not again' or 'who picked this crap?' and so on.

At the moment, the rotation is set up of 1 inf, then 1 vehical type, then 1 inf and so on. Should we remove the map voting, and leave as the rotation?

There are 15 of each type, 30 in total. And at the end of the time, when I reboot it, I can set to be the map it was on, so that we can complete the rotation fully.

Anyway, would like all the active members to reply to this, as I feel it needs sorting. Either that, or I hang up the Admining (apart from rebooting etc) and let others take over, so they can feel my pain and frustration when trying to please everyone.

Thanks

Kro (who never complains about anything :yes: )

[Aliens]kronenbourg
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Re: Our Server - Ideas and Suggestions

Postby [Aliens]Warriorjock » Sat Feb 06, 2016 2:04 pm

I agree with this we have tried loads of different rotations of maps and gameplay etc and I think a healthy mix of all is key to maintain a good server.

If its looking like not many people are going to play a certain map etc we can skip to next etc but at least give it a fair chance to get going.

We all need to remember its not just our personal choices that should be played but for the needs of the whole clan.

:) :) :)

WHO DARES WINS
[Aliens]Warriorjock
Captain
Captain

Postby [Aliens]kronenbourg » Sat Feb 06, 2016 2:40 pm

Thanks for the reply mate.

Also, should we keep the vehical rule on, or redue it to 4v4? Plus, remove mapvote or leave it on?

[Aliens]kronenbourg
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby [Aliens]solifer » Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:56 pm

4v4 seems ok to me and i believe mapvote could stay is it not good that a vote can change map when an admin arent around ??
We will never satisfy every one including me we all have our favorite maps and hate maps.
I say as warrior a healthy mix is proppbly the best and for the hate maps i guess we who hate those shut up and try to get that round to the finish and hope for a favvo map after :yes: :yes: :yes:

/Soli
Camaro - If you don´t own one, you´ll never understand!
<<-Bönder är liksom en egen ras, precis som rörmokare och föräldrar->>
[Aliens]solifer
General
General

Postby [Aliens]WITTY » Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:29 am

How about if we say that if a certain percentage of members in the server wish to skip a map...because no-one likes it or too few players then it gets skipped? we all have admin and are able to issue this command so it shouldn't be a problem....leave the maps as they are for now mate, its not fair you should be messing with them every week. And as for the people that moan about it THIS IS WHERE IT GETS SORTED>>>IN THE FORUMS<<<. They have had their chance to have a say...fuck em :dont:

I am getting very pissed off about the lack of forum use...gonna start swinging the ban hammer soon
[Aliens]WITTY
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby [Aliens]solifer » Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:45 am

[Aliens]WITTY wrote:How about if we say that if a certain percentage of members in the server wish to skip a map...because no-one likes it or too few players then it gets skipped? we all have admin and are able to issue this command so it shouldn't be a problem....leave the maps as they are for now mate, its not fair you should be messing with them every week. And as for the people that moan about it THIS IS WHERE IT GETS SORTED>>>IN THE FORUMS<<<. They have had their chance to have a say...fuck em :dont:

I am getting very pissed off about the lack of forum use...gonna start swinging the ban hammer soon

Yes i agree :oboy: We can always point to the forums we have anytime its a discussion about maps etc.
[Aliens]solifer
General
General

Postby [Aliens]WITTY » Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:07 am

do we have a forum address on the server?
[Aliens]WITTY
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby [Aliens]solifer » Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:58 am

[Aliens]WITTY wrote:do we have a forum address on the server?

Not sure we had in the past, if not we should add it :yes:
[Aliens]solifer
General
General

Postby [Aliens]Warriorjock » Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:42 pm

I agree with Witty on all his points. This is the place to iron things out ALL active members SHOULD be in here voicing there opinions if not STF in ts.

Also agree with 4v4 for vehicles and if majority vote is to skip the map then lets do it.

You all know I hate the small COD like maps and love the big open ones etc but I will still play what the majority vote is etc its not all about what I want.

WHO DARES WINS
[Aliens]Warriorjock
Captain
Captain

Postby [Aliens]kronenbourg » Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:55 pm

Thanks to all that replied :obey: :obey:

I agree with all here, so this is what I will do later today (after I've finished playing The Cave :wink: )

I'll ammend both the scrolling rules and the !rules to say vehicals at 4v4 instead.

I'll leave map vote on, and leave map rotation as it is.

Mentioned this before, but when I reboot, will remember what map it was last and move it to that for the fresh start (to keep the maps starting at different, as well as the vote).

Will add the forum details in the main splash screen, and in the rules etc.

And anyone that moans and groans in TS/server that do not post in the forums, then we say post there, as we use that as our main source of communication/happiness value :yes:

[Aliens]kronenbourg
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby [Aliens]solifer » Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:14 pm

those that tells their mind in forum are the one who counts and are those that decide!
[Aliens]solifer
General
General

Postby [Aliens]WITTY » Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:36 pm

can we not get a plugin that changes the map rotation once a certain amount of people are in the server?....so the conquest would come on when we hit 12 people or something like that?
[Aliens]WITTY
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby [Aliens]Chrille » Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:03 pm

[Aliens]WITTY wrote:can we not get a plugin that changes the map rotation once a certain amount of people are in the server?....so the conquest would come on when we hit 12 people or something like that?

yes please
---Work It Harder Make It Better---
--Do It Faster, Makes Us stronger--
----More Than Ever Hour After----
-----Our Work Is Never Over-----
[Aliens]Chrille
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby [Aliens]kronenbourg » Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:38 pm

I'll have a look around, see what there is :)

In the meantime, Soli, can you log into the main folder on the server, and edit the rules to say 4v4 isntead of 5v5?

I can do the scrolling ones ingame, the one I can't do is the !rules one :yes:

[Aliens]kronenbourg
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby [Aliens]solifer » Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:22 am

[Aliens]kronenbourg wrote:I'll have a look around, see what there is :)

In the meantime, Soli, can you log into the main folder on the server, and edit the rules to say 4v4 isntead of 5v5?

I can do the scrolling ones ingame, the one I can't do is the !rules one :yes:

Will take care of that today
[Aliens]solifer
General
General

Next

Return to [Aliens] Servers