PC Versus Xbox

Drunk or just talkative? This is the place for you..

PC Versus Xbox

Postby LiquidSnake » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:03 am

Hi Guys, iam here to discuss gaming between these two. As we know both are from Microsoft but Xbox is really takin over PC as what i've collected some information. Comparing some well known games between PC and Xbox. Here they are :

PC
Modern Warfare 2

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/moder ... index.html

42,870 Players
43,190 Hours

Xbox 360
Modern Warfare 2

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/ ... lseimg%3B1

119,206 Players
1,042,570 Hours

PC
Left 4 Dead 2

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/left4 ... rating%3B6

33,993 Players
7,287 Hours

Xbox 360
Left 4 Dead 2

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/ ... index.html

53,172 Players
48,588 Hours

PC
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/callo ... index.html

67,622 Players
15,929 Hours

Xbox 360
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/ ... index.html

110,617 Players
62,566 Hours

PC
BattleField: Bad Company 2

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/battl ... rating%3B3

32,085 Players
22,785 Hours

Xbox 360
BattleField: Bad Company 2

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/ ... Bpulse%3B4

45,812 Players
158,660 Hours

So as you can see the numbers of players and hours are more in Xbox then in PC. So what do u guys think? Is it worth to get an Xbox instead of upgradin the PC which we will need to Upgrade Rams and Video cards as Games are gettin powerful engines. :yes: What are your opinions on these?

Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, the mind can achieve. Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance..
LiquidSnake
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: PC Versus Xbox

Postby [Aliens]solifer » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:05 am

upgrade pc ofcourse, pc gives you better graphics in my opinion, myself i cant play fps games on xbox , xbox are good for guitar hero and some car games :obey: :obey: :obey:
And just cause xbox have more users it dont say it is better, maybe easier to use??
Camaro - If you don´t own one, you´ll never understand!
<<-Bönder är liksom en egen ras, precis som rörmokare och föräldrar->>
[Aliens]solifer
General
General

Postby LiquidSnake » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:27 am

thanks for the promt reply,

but normally when i play pc games, i sure will spot at least 1 - 2 hackers like using aim bots/wallhack.

for xbox, i understand that the graphics is not as nice as pc. but you will need to upgrade nearly every year if you wish to max those settings.

for the controls, as long as you get used to it, it's not a problem.

Have saw mostly in MLG or any competitions, xbox has it and so do PC.

i have a pc and a xbox, but sometimes really quite irritating, as you see, when ever i play some games, my windows pop up, telling me to update my graphics card, this that, then when i do not have enough memory, it asked me to shut down everything again and reseting my computer.

while xbox jus put in the disc and there you go..

I love my pc as FPS is more better in keyboard/mouse rather then console controller.

but once you get used to it. it's as easy as ABC's.

so you guys out there.

anyone have a console?

and please share with us how do you feel..

PC players are getting lesser and lesser. while console gamers are increasing at the time goes by...

Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, the mind can achieve. Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance..
LiquidSnake
Private First Class
Private First Class

Postby Xytras » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:45 am

I like your points!

I am one who have switched from PC to PS3.

The reason were simple, i grew tired of constantly having to spend money on a machine that all i really did was play games on anyway.
It was an endless money pit, i bought the PS3 for lets say 5000 SEK and thats it..its lasted me for years now.

I used to be a member here at Aliens and i played BF2 for hours and hours each day and i really loved it and never thought i would switch to console gaming.
But now i never look back, i am happy with playing on the PS3 and there is no hackers, no constant patches, no need for more memory/better graphics card etc etc.

I dont agree with the graphics discussion either, i get awesome graphics with the ps3 connected to a 46" full hd tv!

Just my views..i know many disagree!
------------------------------------------------------------------
"Varning! Vissa av mina inlägg kan innehålla spår av sarkasmer och ironi! Nötter kan sätta sådant i halsen."
Xytras
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby [Aliens]heCKLes » Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:53 am

I think most of the young (>25) people in the gaming community have left PC and the ones left are playing older games on older computers with some exceptions of course. The reason is probably money since upgrading your computer to play the new games is an expensive hobby.

Looking at the "elders" the majority are like Soli - Stuck in the world of computers.. But mostly they seem to be happy there and they can afford and are willing to pay large amounts of money to keep their computers up-to-date.

I bought my console some years ago (ps3) and I still play the newest games. I bought a new computer earlier this year (for double the money of the console) and I'm guessing that I might encounter problems playing some of the newest and most advanced games out there on it..

Also, I can't get some older games to work on my new machine - That would never happen on a console..

If you buy a game, you should be able to play it "out of the box" - Without changing parts in your computer..

You don't rebuild your car if you buy new wheels..?

Yes Soli, I know - For some people that's a hobby too.. A VERY expensive hobby.. :D
[Aliens]heCKLes
Major
Major

Postby [Aliens]solifer » Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:06 am

I agree alot here heckles, but as you said im one of those elder, using pc for many things and also having it as a hobby not just a gaming platform.
It do cost alot i agree, but i can afford it and want the best graphics, consols last longer when talking to upgrading hardware, and maybe less hackers, but playing games online it cost money?? if it always do its also alot of money in the end?
[Aliens]solifer
General
General

Postby [Aliens]Chrille » Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:04 pm

Smaken e som baken, delad å hårig!!!

im a pc/xbox user since thats what i have... im sure the ps3 is wicked fun but as i dont own one, i cant tell :P

(Wipeout HD for ps3 looks INSANE)
---Work It Harder Make It Better---
--Do It Faster, Makes Us stronger--
----More Than Ever Hour After----
-----Our Work Is Never Over-----
[Aliens]Chrille
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Xytras » Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:21 pm

[Aliens]solifer wrote:but playing games online it cost money?? if it always do its also alot of money in the end?

:no: not on the PS3, on Xbox you have to pay to play online though.
"Varning! Vissa av mina inlägg kan innehålla spår av sarkasmer och ironi! Nötter kan sätta sådant i halsen."
Xytras
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby [Aliens]kronenbourg » Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:25 pm

Hmmm, interesting for the ps3

Thing is, as many know, my pc is only okay for the older games. I can't afford to buy a brand new computer, as I have other things that are far more important to pay for.

Upgrading will only get you so far, until the next game comes out I can't play.

Can't afford a ps3 either, so BF2 all the way, baby :yes: :yes:

[Aliens]kronenbourg
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby [Aliens]solifer » Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:10 pm

As i had xbox 360 that i did repair and bought a broken one to repair with no succes for that one :cry:
I felt why should i try to buy more broken xboxes to try to repair i guess i end up with alot of costs, SO i went down and bought myself a new xbox 360 slim :obey: :obey:
Not sure if it was that good or bad? but i have so many things for guitar hero games that made me to do this, i already said i love it with guitar hero , but i do start to understand those that go for xbox or consoles!

Hackers yes ofcourse better without them, have tryed some demos and some are really good, the thing is ready out of the box thing are good thing.
Not sure if i ever will play fps games cant get use to them but racing games flight games and maybe some adventures or similar like red alert thing games.

I still want pc games for graphics and more good things, but to get home and just laying on the couch very comfortable and play some games feels more ok now, maybe i should take back the word console sluts???
Not that i will go for it, but just cause it might be a more economic thing here, you dont have to upgrade, or updating games alot, not even have to fight for some games that wont work on pc, these are good things.

Bad things are graphic as i feel pc can give you more eve though it cost more to, to not be able to choose servers and play with friends are also bad, games cost more than pc they are realy expensive.

Nevertheless, i will use both and so far i enjoy both, in my case to is that i get alot of pain in my neck and shoulders when using pc but with xbox = couch = no pain :yes:

Consols are not that bad as i felt first or maybe it is this cause i bought a new one and it is the news feeling here???
There you have it i said it :oops:
[Aliens]solifer
General
General

Postby [Aliens]Chrille » Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:14 pm

the big difference in pc games and xbox is that a month after release, most pc games only cost 250:-
but xbox and ps3 cost about 700:- always
---Work It Harder Make It Better---
--Do It Faster, Makes Us stronger--
----More Than Ever Hour After----
-----Our Work Is Never Over-----
[Aliens]Chrille
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby =1PARA=Assassin » Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:11 pm

Each to their own I suppose...
Consoles are very popular right now, but mostly for young kids? My youngest kids play consoles online and all i hear are immature little kids screaming about who's "L337" etc and they ALL sound about 10 years old....

It's been scientifically proven that PC gamers are more skilled than console gamers, the accuracy of a keyboard and mouse will always beat a controller.
Must admit that it is a pain having to upgrade PC's every year or two to keep up with the games, but it's a price i'll pay to continue to enjoy online gaming.

8) 8) 8)
=1PARA=Assassin
Colonel
Colonel

Postby [Aliens]WITTY » Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:24 pm

PC's are for men...consoles are for boys 8)
[Aliens]WITTY
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby [Aliens]heCKLes » Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:04 am

EF-WT wrote:PC's are for men...consoles are for boys 8)

You wish! ;)
[Aliens]heCKLes
Major
Major

Postby Xytras » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:13 am

Considering the age of Simon i would say "PC's is for granddads" :rofl:
Xytras
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Next

Return to The [Aliens] Drunken Clan Pub